Thursday, March 17, 2011

Paddy is Weaned

After 11 months I made the decision to wean Paddy. From the first night he took it on and hasn't looked back. He still wakes up in the middle of the night but just once instead of 5 or 6 times.

It was an incredibly hard decision and one that I really struggled with for a few weeks. The weaning processed sucked the big one but we got through it.
So it is bye bye to baby Paddy and hello to my big boy

But now I am feeling a bit like my old self. I have energy again and a real sense of my own personal space back - my body is now mine again. I don't have to worry about what I am eating (I have had two curries since the weaning) or whether I am drinking enough water.

I am even planning little things to do by myself - crazy I know! And slowly I can see the margarita waiting for me at the end of the tunnel.


No comments:

Post a Comment